Thursday 20 June 2013

YouTube Queens

I don't just watch TV you know. There is a whole world out there on the Internet. People who want to entertain us from the comfort of their own living rooms. I myself wouldn't dare upload a video of me speaking unless you enjoy 5 minutes of awkward talking and shifting in my seat. I also babble so there is no plus points to this idea.

YouTube has created celebrities out of nobodys and hurrah; I love watching them. Here is my top 5:

5th Place - Hannah Hart http://www.youtube.com/user/MyHarto

She is a lovable woman who started out with just basically cooking whilst she is drunk. Hilarity ensued. However, as time has gone by she has become very wise and some videos are quite deep. Also as I type she is touring America to do meet and greets with her fans - and she has organised them to be in soup kitchens. This isn't to show off to the homeless, she gets all her fans to work with her and donate food, serve food and become aware of these starving people in America. Miss Hannah Hart I bow my head to you.

4th Place - Jenna Marbles http://www.youtube.com/user/JennaMarbles

Undeniably the Queen of YouTube. With nearly 9 and a half million subscribers and videos reaching  52 million she deserves her crown. I have to be honest it took me a while to warm to her - she seems very angry. However, now I get it, that's her act. And it isn't as though she is shouting about her own agenda - she is very passionate about certain things in this world that are stupid and need pointing out. When she isn't been angry she is being hilarious. Her facial expressions, her love for her dogs and Spiderman's crotch permanently been in shot all add up to the amazing and talented Jenna Marbles.

3rd Place - Mamrie Hart http://www.youtube.com/user/YouDeserveADrink

I randomly stumbled upon her videos as they were 'recommended for me'. I normally ignore them (how dare YouTube assume they know me, not to babble but I once watched a video about a woman's transformation from being a transgendered man - every day I am recommended transgender videos). I am so happy I clicked on her video, she makes me laugh so much. The basic premise of her videos is that she creates alcoholic drinks with a theme (and now she has created a second channel where she just does whatever). I love her and I desperately want to go for a drink with her.

2nd Place - Natalie Tran http://www.youtube.com/user/communitychannel

She was the first YouTuber I subscribed to. She is so funny and I have a very similar humour to her (as in I find her funny, I am not funny). She would have been 1st on my list but she has gone quiet. We used to get videos every 4 days and then suddenly she did a Brad Pitt/Chanel parody and she went missing for 6 months. But she is back and thank the Lord; however it is only one video a week. I know these people have lives outside of YouTube but I am been selfish - I WANT MORE VIDEOS!

1st Place - Grace Helbig http://www.youtube.com/user/dailygrace

She is absolutely hilarious. She is awkward. She is weird. She is everything I require from a YouTuber. I want to be her friend but I fear I am not cool enough by any measure. She puts up a video every weekday and each day has a theme. Particularly good videos are when she is 'Commenting on comments' and she 'hazes the crap' out of fan's names. I love her. She is beautiful and talented and I only see big things for her in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment